Monday, May 10, 2010

Do you really need a good Herd buck??

I have been told by some really great friends (L&M) that you need to have really good Keystone herd bucks and if that doe and him work and make nice babies keep doing that cross over and over. A good herd buck should have a sound typ and the wool to back it up. We are a wool breed first. Wool first type next.
There is so much prof in that and that I have seen in the few years that I have been showing. I have never in my all years gotten such nice bucks that have wool to burn. It always seems to be the bucks get left out in the wool department and the girls get all the wool.
All the Best In Shows that I have gotten have come from one really outstanding sire and that that Star Buck's Green Acers he has been producing some outstanding sons to take his place.

No comments: